well, it went like this...

May 15, 2006

I'm lame

Well, nothing too exciting has happened lately, but Dad says I should update anyways, so here it is:
I finished school last week, nothing too spectacular, I'm just glad that's over. I've taken 2 trips to the cabin in the past 2 weeks, just to get away and enjoy the cleaner air and cooler weather. While I was up there I took time to remember how things used to be at the cabin, when Grandpa lived there in the summers. I looked in the revine and saw crawdads swimming around, and remembered the excitement of grabbing the coffee can, sticks with fishing line tied to the end, and slices of cheese to fish for them. The cabin just reminds me of family, and almost makes me sad that now we're all grown up and don't spend time there together anymore.

Anyhow, now is my little bit of down-time before The Academy goes full swing and consumes my life. Mom thinks it is ruining my life, my complexion, and my 21st birthday. This is the last year I can do it, and it means so much to me that I would hate to quit and look back on what could have been, so, no Mom, I'm not about to back out of this.

I'm looking forward to my birthday, but it's a little sad at the same time. 21 is the last exciting birthday until 40, if you can call over-the-hill exciting. It'll just be nice to be able to order my own drinks instead of having Steve and Carol be sneaky and order them for me. I can't believe I'm getting this old.

Unfortunately, I missed out on Carol's graduation. I got voted the one to stay and sit on the couch so that Daisy would have a lap to curl up on. After considering leaving early on Friday morning and making the drive up to Flagstaff, it was decided there would be too much traffic and commotion, and that was a long drive for me alone, according to Mom. So, congrats Carol...I was cheering for you from the valley.

I guess that's pretty much it as of lately. Just an update so no one can say I haven't. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home